Kids Main Street Mile
KIDS FUN RUN RACE DAY DETAILS!
REGISTRATION IS STILL OPEN UNTIL MAY 17 at MIDNIGHT!
WHERE DO I GET MY CHILD’S RACE PACKET (BIB, TSHIRT, AND SWAG)?
- Race packets can be picked up at the expo on May 18 from 11am-4:00pm at the Hilton Columbia Center (924 Senate St)
- At 4:00pm, we will transition to the Kids Fun Run start line and you can pick up the race packet there (corner or Main and Lady Streets) from 5:00-6:15pm
- You do not need to print your ticket
WHERE IS THE FUN RUN START AND FINISH? Kid’s run will start and finish at the intersection of Lady and Main Streets in downtown Columbia.
WHEN DOES IT START?
- May 18, 2018 at 6:30pm (we recommend arriving early to find parking).
- We will run the kids race in waves based on child’s age (Bib colors: Purple= 10 and up, Green= 7-9 year olds, Yellow = 6 and under). Please make sure your child gets in the correct color section to run with kids of the same age as him/her.
WHAT TO BRING: all kid’s run participants must be wearing a kid’s run bib, participants do not have to wear the race shirt but if you want to, that’s fine by us. Parents wishing to run with their child do not need a bib.
WHERE TO PARK: Parking is available in the downtown garages or in meters (must pay until 6pm) along side streets. Please note that Main Street and Lady Street will be blocked from 6- 8:30 pm.
PARENTS: Yes, you can run with your child(ren), we encourage it, but you can also stand along the course and cheer them on. PLEASE NOTE:
- This is not a timed race.
- Parents will not receive t-shirts or race medals.
- If you want to run as a family/group, please be aware of younger runners and get in the bib color group most appropriate for your group.
- We do not recommend running with strollers but if you want to do so, please start at the back, regardless of your child’s age, for the safety of all participants.
FINISH FESTIVAL: We will have several sponsor vendor tables, balloon artists, face painters, water, snacks, and more. Stick around to support our sponsors as well as watch the adults run the same mile course right after the kids.
The Course Map is below. Please note that the kids’ will run a down and back on Main Street, starting and finishing at Lady Street.
THANKS FOR RUNNING WITH US! CHECK BACK HERE FOR UPDATES.
SEE YOU FRIDAY, MAY 18!