Lexington Medical Center 46th annual Governor’s Cup Road Race
South Carolina’s Running Festival kicks off with our Expo on Friday, May 17, at 11:00 am. The excitement moves on to the Main Street Mile and Kid’s Main Street Mile) on Friday evening. Runners of all abilities to include elite athletes will be running a mile on Main Street.
On Saturday, May 18, the Half Marathon takes off at 7:00 am, and the 5k Run/Walk takes off at 7:30 am. Both races will experience a great course that includes historic areas and will encounter entertainment from 25-30 Spirit Corps locations on the course. Participants will finish near the intersection of Park and Senate Streets and will be arriving starting at 7:45 am and continuing through 10:00 am. Our finish area will include music, food, vendors, and activities leading up to our awards ceremonies. Please check back for updated details.
NEW THIS YEAR:
On race day you may pick up packets from 6:00 to 7:00 a.m. at the STARTING LINE which will be located at the corner of Main Street and Lady Street. There will be a bag drop at this location. Bags will be moved to the INFORMATION TENT at the Finish Line.>
MAIN STREET MILE AND KIDS MAIN STREET MILE PACKET PICKUP:
Pickup at the expo on Friday, May 17, from 11am-4:00pm (half marathon and 5k until 7:30 pm) at the Hilton Columbia Center (924 Senate St)
- Pickup (MSM/kids only) from 5:00pm-6:30pm will be in the First Citizens Plaza (1230 Main St) off of Lady Street (look for the banners)
- Parking is available at meters on side streets downtown (must pay until 7pm, 75 cents/hour) or in the downtown garages
- Additional kids run info here.
HALF-MARATHON AND 5K RACE LATE REGISTRATION AND PACKET PICKUP
- Pickup at the expo on Friday, May 17, from 11am-7:30pm or on race morning, Saturday, May 18 from 6am-7:00 am at the starting line (corner of Main and Lady Street)
- Late registration and registration transfers (fee of $10) can be made on Friday, May 17, at the expo/packet pickup
- THERE IS NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION
- RACE DAY PACKET PICKUP STARTS 6:00 A.M. AT MAIN ST. AND LADY ST.
Parking is available in metered spaces surrounding the Main Street and Vista areas. Due to the high number of events taking place near the Hilton on Friday, please use street parking when picking up your packet. There are also a number of parking garages nearby, including a garage at the corner of Sumter Street and Taylor Street which will be available all weekend and is located near the starting line. The Park Street garage will only be available on Saturday for a flat fee of $10 (cash only) and is the nearest garage to the finish line.
- Meters are available near the start and finish, but be aware of road closures
- You can park at an ungated garage, Taylor St., PJ Cannon, and Washington St, without charge.
- Park Street Deck will be open using the Pendleton Street entrance for a $10.00 flat fee.
- Lincoln, Lady, and Sumter St. Decks will be available at the normal city garage rates.
- Parking is NOT available at the Convention Center.
Bag Drop. We will have a bag drop at the start area. Bags will be transported down to the Finish Line.
PLEASE NOTE: The Half Marathon course will close down at 10:15 am. This is a strict cut off for everyone’s safety as the day gets warmer.
The Governor’s Cup Road Race, like most running events, is prepared to operate within a wide range of potential weather conditions. Exceptions would be extreme conditions such as dangerously high heat and humidity, lightning, tornadoes, and/or very heavy precipitation. In response to such conditions the Governor’s Cup Event Committee maintains the right to delay, reschedule, modify or cancel the event or components of the event. Decisions regarding any adjustments to the planned event will be announced, as early as possible, on the event website as well as via email and social media.